1. The first stage of the process is too Belt sand the floor using the appropriate grit that we know will remove all of the old finishes and scratches and that is capable for the job in hand.We use the Pallmann cobra which is an amazing thing.
2. We will then edge sand the entire floor all around the outside of the room right upto the edges.Using a lagler flip.
3.Next it's the corners to be cut out. Festool ro90 comes in handy here,sometimes scraping the old finishes off first helps to remove tough residues.
4. It's important that the floor is vacuumed between every part of the process
using a quality high filtration vacuum rated for purpose.Festool ctl midi is our preferred option,
5. The next stage is to rotex the perimeter of the room to remove the scratch patterns left from the edger.Again another Festool item a ro150. This is a random orbital machine
6. Its now time to finish sand the floor using a planetary fine finishing sander with dust extraction.This removes the scratch patterns left by the belt sander.We use a Bona flexisand with the powerdrive option attached to a festool extraction unit.
8. Oil or Lacquer is then applied to the floor to finish it off.
9. The floor is then buffed using the Bona flexi sand.By following this process we can deliver a high standard of finish, a combination of quality equipment,products and knowledge of the industry result in magnificent floors.
7. The floor is then water popped. This enhances colour and removes any hair line scratches caused through sanding